The project is divided into two lots: Lot1 on EU F-gas policies and Lot2 on international F-gas and Ozone Policies.
In Lot1 on EU F-gas policies, support to DG CLIMA is provided for the implementation of the new F-gas Regulation, in general, and of the HFC phase-down, in particular. Furthermore, assessments are made in the context of the ban on HFC multipack refrigeration and the quota allocation method. Finally, DG CLIMA is supported in the dissemination of the policies and obligations to the different stakeholders affected by the F-gas policy.
In Lot2, support is provided to the international negotiations and activities, in particular analysis and outreach facilitating consensus on an HFC amendment of the Montreal Protocol as well as ODS issues.
- Briefing Paper: Availability of alternatives to HFCs in commercial refrigeration in the EU
- Briefing Paper: Preliminary assessment of the quota allocation method
- Information for importers of equipment containing fluorinated greenhouse gases on their obligations under the EU F - gas Regulation
- HFKW nach dem Kigali-Beschluss – weltweite Reduktion erfordert Alternativen
- Climate Benefits of a Rapid Global HFC Phase-Out
- Weltweite Reduktion von HFKW: Der Beschluss von Kigali, In: Die Kälte- und Klimatechnik 70, 04, p. 12 – 13
- Weltweite Reduktion von HFKW: Der Beschluss von Kigali, In: VDKF Heft 1-2, Januar-Februar 2017
- New agreement on HFCs reached in Kigali